Want to take the next step in your career? Discover new opportunities and build your skills at Progressive Systems Inc. We are a fast growing company that uses cutting edge technology to fulfill our customer’s needs. Our business is a busy, thriving environment with multiple opportunities for you to start your future.
Progressive Systems Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a CNC Machinist! As a CNC Machinist, you will join our growing fabrication team producing parts for the most advanced, highest production machines for the building products industry.
Salary: Depends on Experience
Quarterly Performance Bonus Pay of up to $1.50 – $3.00/hr. worked
Monday through Friday 6:00 AM to 3:30 PM
Overtime is available.
- Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Utilize knowledge of CNC machining and production operations, set up and operate milling precision grinding and lapping machines (surface, internal, centerless) on a variety of production work.
- Mill, grind, machine dimensions to print specifications to meet quality requirements. Inspect the adequacy of machining operations through established inspection and gaging techniques.
- Set up, adjust, and review programming. Edit programs as required by operation instructions, job orders, tooling instructions and process control charts.
- Perform fixture setups for varying order requirements.
- Perform tool preset when needed and the corresponding tool offsets.
- Perform minor routine preventative maintenance and replenish oils and coolants as needed.
- Perform other duties as required, including training.
- Follow all plant, safety and environmental rules and regulations
- Support plant lean, safety, quality, and continuous improvement efforts, including performing routine housekeeping/5S+ activities.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 2 years machine operating experience, including 6 months CNC machine operation, OR 2 years of vocational schooling in machining, including CNC operation.
- Ability to read and interpret operating instructions and blueprints.
Position Preferred Qualifications:
- 2 years CNC machining experience.