Want to take the next step in your career? Discover new opportunities and build your skills at Progressive Systems Inc. We are a fast growing company that uses cutting edge technology to fulfill our customer’s needs. Our business is a busy, thriving environment with multiple opportunities for you to start your future.
Progressive Systems Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a Welder! As a Welder at Progressive Systems, you will join our growing fabrication team producing parts for the most advanced, highest production machines for the building products industry.
Salary: Depends on Experience
Quarterly Performance Bonus Pay of up to $1.50 – $3.00/hr. worked
Monday through Friday 6:00 AM to 3:30 PM
Overtime is available.
- Works from drawings, sketches, welding symbols, specifications, and instructions to plan work in proper operational sequence and determine methods and techniques to be applied.
- interprets drawings, sketches, welding symbols, specifications, and instructions to determine methods and techniques to be applied.
- Welds per drawing specifications, applying various finishes as needed, on all size weldments.
- Uses care to lay a smooth bead, obtains proper penetration and fusion, avoids burning or distortion of metal, detects defective material, unusual conditions or operating difficulties and report it to the supervisor.
- Maintains equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Tack welds as necessary and performs all positions of welding, sometimes in confined spaces.
- Complies with Company and Department policies and procedures as applicable.
- Welds all types of materials in structural and sheet metal sizes and shapes, utilizing a full range of welding processes including, Gas metal arc welding (GMAW), gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), plasma and oxy-acetylene cutting along with brazing.
- Checks work as necessary to assure holding prescribed tolerances to maintain quality standards.
- Works safely and keeps work area clean and clear of potential hazards.
- A minimum of 2 years of welding experience.
- Ability to successfully complete AWS/ASME certification tests.
- Ability to demonstrate strong math.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools, measuring instruments, and operation of welding equipment including machine settings for various welding processes.
- Ability to work on intricate welding processes, both hand and machine, to develop complex fabrications to closely prescribed standards.
- Ability to perform some fixturing and set-up as required.
- Ability to relate well to others and gain the respect of co-workers.
- Ability to work independently or with others.
- Good communication skills.
- Displays a positive attitude and a strong desire to learn and grow.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing